Monday, May 7, 2012

attention amphibians making songs of love in my backyard

Please note: this is not going to be a repeat of last year. I will not keep the sandbox filled with water, like I did for your parents. It attracted mosquito larvae, which you ate, and ants, which ate your brothers and sisters and was a general disgusting mess. And while 5 of you survived into toadhood, I can assure you, your progeny will not. And I don't care how interesting it is, and what a wonderful learning experience it was--the main thing I learned was that Hyphen can complain insufferably about the sandbox, which I already knew from the summer before that, when it was a novelty and Annabelle and her friends were tracking sand all over the house.

I am firmly in his corner this year, and on the rare occasions in which we are of the same mind, we are a marital force with which to be reckoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment