Saturday, June 1, 2013

zydeco soul

If you know me, and you would have to really know me, then you would know that I really like accordion music--of all varieties.  I used to drive to my parents house on Saturday mornings rather than Friday night, just so I could hear a radio station out of La Grange's Saturday morning polka hour, where they would play classics such as "shut up and drink your beer" and "horsey keep your tail up."  Once, at a CLE, I tried to spread my love of polka music but was made fun of for calling the accordion the squeeze box--of course they made something perverted out of it, but that just tells me that if you asked them jak se mas, one of them would just be like, "I am fine and watching star wars and waiting for the market to crash" and the other one would cry like a girl if you got mayonnaise near him.

Every year in Houston, there is an accordion festival and I have always been too busy or out of town to go.  But not this year. This year, as part of the summer of fun 2013, we went.

It started of with the chezchaholics, then there was an accordion contest, and then a zydeco band and then a band called the home town boys.

The kids started off dancing and we picnicked, of course, and then the zydeco came on.   Annabelle eventually got tired, and made herself comfortable right next to some other people's blanket, basically lying down right next to a stranger.  Tallulah got her grove on, big time, and danced for the entire set.

I am not sure where she gets it from....well maybe I am...






happy feet






polka and two



No comments:

Post a Comment