Friday, September 12, 2014

Minor concerns, irritations and triumphs

1. I feel that I may have lost my mosquito immunity. And in houston, that could be devastating. You see, I am. Someone who can be outside, especially if I am outside with hyphen or Tallulah and not get one bite. You read that right, I am not above using my toddler daughter as bait. They land on me and fly away. But then last Saturday I was bitten and have been continuously ever since. I am deet-ly troubled over this.

2. We have an insanely busy day on Saturday, which includes, but is not limited to celebrating my friend's 40th birthday at some dreadful 80s club where grown up people decide to wear fishnet gloves and midriff t shirts that say Frankie says relax on them. Our friends are excited about this and to me this means I need new friends. Because at 930 I want to be in bed or watching outlander on the starz network with a glass of wine. My mother has accused me of being boring. That's fine. I will own that. I just won't own a big neon bow on my teased out hair. Grrr...

3 we just came back from Annabelle's open house where we got to know her teacher a little more. She is amazing. We really lucked out in getting her. She gave us homework. To write am essay about our daughter. Each of us has to do it. Hieu has to write something. Cue run on sentences and prepositional phrases. For him. For me the use of the word "and" to start a sentence and typos. But you knew that already.... Elipses...

No comments:

Post a Comment