Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy anniversary

It was a year ago today that I told my new boss "take this job and shove it." I would like to say thank you to them for being making what would have been a difficult decision with the old boss a piece of cake.

What have I learned in a year? I learned how to slow down. I learned how to watch a child play and let them play at their own pace. I learned who my baby was. For the past 8 months of her life, she had been cared for full time by the day care. The last time I had spent so much time with her, she was three months old and all she did was sleep and stare at her toes. So I learned how to take care of a 14 month old--when she needed to eat(5 times a day, or else), what she liked to eat(dogfood) what she liked to do (get dirty), when she needed to nap(whenever the hell she pleased), how to keep her from electrocuting herself (Uncle Dale's method works the best-- telling her the plugs will bite her) etc.

I learned that drinking whole milk and eating eggs for breakfast can make you gain 10 pounds. I also learned that I am a really good cook. I didn't know that before, because Hyphen did all of the cooking, but I am a damn good cook, which also contributes to the 10 lbs.

I am good at making new friends. I am good at keeping the old ones. One is silver and the other gold.

What I already knew--if I were married to a normal person they would think I was a kick-a housewife, however being married to hyphen is like "Sleeping with the Enemy," but without the violence.

I wish I could say I learned something about my marriage, but I already knew that I am married to an incredibly generous and kind person (despite his hyphen-ess ) who is a wonderful father and works very hard for our family, and although he may notice the dust bunnies in life more than most people, he notices the real ones too.

All in all, a pretty good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment