Sunday, April 4, 2010

easter

what we did yesterday (and when I say we I mostly mean my mom although I was heavily involved, especially in the potato salad)

1. fill pinata for saturday easter party

2. attended easter party

3. make potato salad for sunday's easter party

3. made supper of baked frito pie, rice, and guacamole

4. prep beans for sunday's party

5. make easter bunny cake for sunday's party

6. make easter cupcakes for sunday's party

7. make cascarones with annabelle
a. dye eggs
b. put stickers on
c. fill with confetti
d. glue on tops

8. clean various messes made by all of this activity

all the while, checking on my dad, who was still suffering the remnants of a severe allergic reaction and helping to feed and shush little twin babies.

And we did this with virtually no sleep due to a deranged mockingbird that has taken up residence outside my mom's room (which I share with her when I visit). This bird, I suspect, was locked up in some kind of bird lunatic asylum, where it picked up all kind of exotic bird noises along with insomnia which causes it to chirp and sing and make wild matining all night.

which begs the question--how big of a sin is it really? to kill a mockingbird?

I will patiently await Harper's response.

No comments:

Post a Comment