Sunday, April 11, 2010

Papa's girl

Finally, after 2 years, one month and 11 days, we have a daddy's girl. It came not a moment too soon, since I was at my wits end at 4:00 in the morning between a screaming Annabelle and a restless dog, it took all I had not to drive out to Chappell Hill and check into the Inn at Dos Brisas for a week of solitude and nature. She woke up snuggled up to him and then wanted to follow him around and watch him go potty and take a shower. All of which were obliged, which is a measure of Hyphen's great love for his daughter. This is the same Hyphen who I once caught cleaning the toilet seat with toilet paper before he would sit on it--AT OUR OWN HOUSE!!! And now he lets his daughter watch him make the poo-poo. He had to get her ready for Church and she wanted to sit on his lap during mass. All of this really came in handy and allowed me to go to the Heights Home Tour, (I am a house junkie) without a toddler in tow. We were both eating it up.

Until she fell outside before supper, and then it was mama all the way. But that's cool-- it was a glorious afternoon for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment