Friday, November 12, 2010

overtime

When I was on the last night of my 38th week with Annabelle we went to the Rajun Cajun. I felt very odd, like I was inside of a jar and everyone around me was outside of the jar. My friends were talking and laughing and having a good time and I was watching them with a hazy, detached interest. I had some boudain balls and then we went home. I took a bath, called my sister and we chatted for a bit and then I settled into bed. I was wearing my navy blue flowered pajama bottoms from the gap. I felt something moist between my legs and got out of bed, thinking my mucus plug had come out (sorry to any squeamish readers, but it is totally natural and probably happened to your mom, so get over it). I hopped out of bed and there was a trickle coming down my legs. It continued as I walked to the bathroom and I realized that my water had broken. It was at 10:30 at night. Twleve hours later, we had a baby on the first day of my 39th week.

I am writing this at 10:30. On the last night of my 38th week. Tomorrow is the first day of my 39th week.

Okay, now it is 10:32. We are in pregnancy overtime according to my way of looking at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment