Tuesday, September 20, 2011

suegra and son in law

So my mom is the type of person who will save any bit of food that she doesn't eat at a restaurant. Her theory is that she can eat it later, and she does, usually wrapped in a tortilla, no matter what the food is. She does this when she visits at our house, and fills our refrigerator up with to go containers, much to Hyphen's chagrin, because a cleanly refrigerator is next to a godly refrigerator. Then, generally, she forgets to take the containers back home with her and calls on the way to Castroville and says something like this "I forgot my piece of hamburger, be sure to eat it, don't throw it away." Ummm, okay. Her last visit, she saved something from a restaurant and later told me she did it just to annoy Hyphen when he looked in the fridge. This time when she left, she remembered the half a piece of lasagna and put it in a Tupperware. Then she left a note in the Styrofoam that said "gotcha!" When hyphen cleaned out the refrigerator on Monday night, he saw it and the revenge plotting began.

My suggestion? A well placed phone call during the season premiere of NCIS. Did I mention I suggested that she leave the empty container????

So today, at about 8:05, Hyphen got Annabelle to call grandma.

Granddaughter or NCIS--her "babies" as she calls them. Who do you think won???

I didn't want Annabelle to feel totally rejected so I directed her attention elsewhere before it became completely obvious whom she preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment