Thursday, September 1, 2011

take the ribbon from my hair...

You know that guy you've had a crush on since the second grade? You know the one--the cute blonde one with the impish smile? But for whatever reason, you never got together, not even for a date. Who knows why. Maybe his family moved away for a few years. Maybe each of you was always dating someone else. And over the years, you might talk from time to time, you would exchange emails, meet up if he was in town for a drink, see him at the reunion-- but you never quite were at the same place at the same time.

And then one day, you are at Kroger's, and you turn the corner, and there he is. And your feet are frozen, your heart pounds , your mouth is dry. There he is. In the background you can hear a twangy voice singing "i don't care what's right or wrong, I don't try to understand..." And you think, I don't care, let the devil take tomorrow. And you run to him, you run to him and let the fire of your memory, of your youth, ravage and burn as you devour him.

This exact scenario happened to me today. But it wasn't with my childhood crush.

Double stuff oreo--where have you been all my life????

No comments:

Post a Comment