Thursday, February 23, 2012

yes, he is building me a chicken coop, but he is still a hyphen

True conversation we had a while back:

H: have you noticed that when I pick up dog poop in the yard, I get every single piece? And when you pick it up, there is still, like, a 5 pound bag of doo-doo left in the yard.

Me: um, no.

H: well ,you see, I have a system. I break the yard into quadrants and each quadrant has a grid, and I walk it up and down and I will not pick up a piece unless it is in my direct path, even though I can see it, that way, I won't overlook anything.

Me (dumbfounded): wow. your mom must be proud.

Fast forward to the eve of the eve of Annabelle's birthday party and each of us stressing out in our own ways. I was telling him about some errands I needed to run and he suggested I write down where I needed to go. I told him that it was all "in here" and tapped my head.

then...

H: you know when I go to the grocery store, I write down a list that corresponds to where things are in the store, that way I am in and out. You see how fast I shop? It is because of my list.

Me(defensive): I kind of do that, I do dairy, meat and canned goods. Do you vary your list order from store to store, like Krogers vs. the HEB?

H: not really, I pretty much know where everything is in every store, unless it is something weird, like anchovies.

Me (sick of listening to this and sarcastic) well ,good for you. that is great.

H: you don't have to get all mad, I am just trying to help you.

Me: I am not mad, I am just saying how wonderful you are. You are so good at making grocery lists and picking up dog poop. You are awesome.

Cluck, cluck, cluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment