Monday, July 9, 2012

while the men of the greatest generation stormed the beaches of normandy, the men of today watch duck dynasty.

Briefly: my husband watches the most preposterous things possible on tv, which after discussing with my other girlfriends, I realize is just a sign of his masculinity, or lack thereof, depending on how you look at it.

He once watched a movie called grizzly, which was the grizzly version of jaws. Actually, he watched it twice.

But tonight we have hit a new low. He is watching some show called duck dynasty, about this family of hillbillies who made their fortunes by making duck calls. I am not sure how you could make a fortune off of this, since it seems like a small percentage of the population that duck hunts and out of that segment, I don't think you would need more than one duck caller per hunting family, but they have a tv show, so it must be true. They have big houses and long beards, but they don't have grass in their yards, just dirt patches and that is due, I believe, to their hillbilly nature.

I was watching this in disgust tonight and I told him it was stupider than deadliest catch, stupider even than "that show where they shoot the gators."

His response was to scratch himself.

Thankfully it has been raining and so we have grass and being Vietnamese, he can only be a hillbilly in his heart, and not it real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment