Sunday, July 22, 2012

recent events have me going to wabash feed and seed to get some opringtons

My father in law came to town. Guess what that means? He and H spent the entire day (like until 11:30p.m.) finishing my chicken coop. To quote H "the only break I took all day was to go to the hardware store to buy more shit to finish the damn thing" Did I mention the feels like temp yesterday was in the 100s and the mosquitoes were in the thousands?

I had actually decided I didn't want chickens any more after I ran into this elderly lady who had given her daughter-in-law some eggs who in turn gave some to me. As I thanked her, she said "oh your welcome sugar, but we just don't keep chickens any more. They are filthy creatures and its so cheap to buy eggs." She kind of echoed the sentiment of my mom who said something like "you want chickens, are you stupid or is it just real hot in here?"

But that's cool. I'll get some chickens.


This is a happy man, building a chicken coop.



This is a man who is building a chicken coop instead of wathcing someone build one on the diy network.





Here they are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment