Saturday, July 6, 2013

Holiday road

Using the technology of our smart phones, the Internet, arial GPS photos and good ol' deductive reasoning, we were able to find the grave of James mason wilder, the father of almanzo wilder, husband to Laura Ingalls wilder in crowley Louisiana a mere 45 minute detour into our 10 hour drive to Florida.

Was it dedication or nerdiness that led me to tramp through wet, uneven grass while trying not to step on graves, and peer into a few cracked concrete slabs? Not to mention having my two year old pee in the cemetery while hearing my 5 year old complain. Although I am not sure why she is complaining since re-reading the series with her was what rekindled my life long interest ( obsession) and since she has been wearing the little house dress my mom made for me in 1983 since Wednesday.

At this rate we may not get there until tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment