Saturday, November 29, 2014

In case you are in need of some cheering up...

My kids love to hear stories about when I was a kid, and they especially like to hear stories about their crazy aunt, or "auntie," as they refer to her. So a while back I told them about the time when auntie had really stinky feet and when she was mad at us, would torture us by taking off her shoes and letting the smell permeate our air space.

Never tell a story like this to a kid who doesn't forget stuff...,,

Fast forward to this year, when it rained and rained and Annabelle, for reasons only she knows, decided to walk in every rain puddle there ever was in her nice school shoes, the ones she wears every day, without socks.

Then, fast forward a little more to this week. I am in the car and I smell something dreadful.

"Something in here smells like death," I say, more to myself than to anyone else.

Tallulah, who is looking at a book replies, without looking up, " it's Annabelle's feet."

" oh my god! Annabelle! Do something about that!"

" Ok!" She snorts and then squeals with laughter as she sticks her feet as close to my face as possible.

The smell could gag a maggot, seriously. And I am dying from the odor and about to pee in my pants because Audrey did this same thing to my mom, this same exact thing, almost 30 years ago and that memory and my current situation are making me laugh hysterically.

It's the circle of life, well, at least in our crazy family.

However, as beautiful as the circle is, I think I will refrain from telling her about the butt juice story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment