Tuesday, May 12, 2009

oh dios mio!

When we were kids and company was about to come over my mom always got in this super pissy mood because she thought the house was dirty and got all stressed out about cleaning it. Once, my sister was supposed to be cleaning something, but instead went into my parents room and composed the following song which she wrote on purple A-shaped post-it notes: (to be sung to the tune of o sole mio)

oh dios mio
it's mommy feo
she is a grouchy-o
because we have company-o

When she performed it, she had me sing "um-pa-pa, um-pa pa" in the background while she did this weird dance where she kicked her knees up like a German dancer wearing leiderhosen. My dad and I thought it was hilarious and awesome, a genius feat of songwriting worthy of Lennon/Mcartney- like ovations. My mom said "you mean all of this time you were writing this stupid song when you could have been cleaning??????????????"

Why do I tell you this now? Well gentle reader, we are about to go to Florida and oh dios mio. It's Hieu feo. He is a grouchy-o because he thinks the house is dirty-o even though it is really clean-o and he is crazy-o. One of the things that is causing him great consternation are the five or so toys that are in the backyard. Keep in mind that Hyphen doesn't like to go outside due to dirt and mosquitoes and the fine layer of dust that can accumulate on his body after he's been outside. I am not sure how he even knows they are out there but apparently he wants me to pick them up. And I said "where do you want me to put this stuff, inside?" He said that every night I should pick up the outside toys, clean them and put them inside. Then the following morning I should put them back outside. Umm, okay, I'll get right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment