Thursday, May 14, 2009

things that are bow

Once when I was showing Annabelle some flowers I noticed she said "bow" (pronounced like something you wear in your hair) over and over again. Then when I showed a bright pink azalea she said "boooowwww" with a kind of reverence that I just can't describe. The sound track, if there was one, would sound kind of like right before Indy gets the little gold statue in Raiders, but not quite as serious. Anyway, she also says it right when we go to the grocery store and she sees Mylar balloons. Annabelle digs balloons, especially mylar ones, and she wants you to wheel her to them and pull them down one at a time so she can look at them. Not all of them are bow though, just the really colorful ones. She was in heaven Mother's Day weekend because there were balloons everywhere and most of them were bow.(For mother's day I got a pat on the back and a lamb chop which was infinitely better than last year's blackberry which was sold on ebay) So I think bow means beautiful, but I am not sure, because I don't speak baby and I don't know anyone who really does, except for this one real smart kid, but it was mostly conjecture on his part.

Anyway, tonight we went to the hospital to see one of our world's newest people, little No-Name-Baby-Girl Spyhard, who to me looks like an Olive so that's what I will call her in this post. Olive has a long oval face that matches her long, lovely nose and soft, thick beautiful brown hair. And she is a doll. Before we went to the hospital Annabelle and I had a little talk about the baby and gentle touches, because, let's face it-- she's a biter, and I am pretty sure you get banned from birthing at Texas Women's if your child bites a newborn baby.

She watched me hold little Olive and I said "what do you think Annabelle?"

"Boowww"

Not as bow as an azalea, but more bow than a Mother's Day balloon.

We are leaving for Florida tomorrow. Me, Hyphen and our sweet big baby girl who makes my world very bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment