Friday, February 26, 2010

electrician, rude people, pooping at the gap and cowboys

My day went as follows:

1.Waited for the electrician to fix our bathroom fan/heater. One of the pleasures of having an old house is paying people outrageous sums of money to fix it. In this case, it was a motor covered with 68 years of dust. To quote the electrician "dust is bad for motors." He fixed it by blowing it all over the bathroom, and asking me if I wanted to pay him 80 dollars an hour for him to clean it up. That would be a no.

2. Made a return at Lowes. While I was there Annabelle said she needed to go potty. I raced to the other side of the store, sat her on the potty where she collapsed into a fit of giggles, but made no pee.

3. Took her to a cafe for lunch. There were no tables. So I waited, juggling two drinks, a fancy cowboy hat cookie on a plate and a 2 year old. While I did that, I watched people who got there after me, but were not as blessed as I am (read: encumbered) grab the available tables before I could. Finally I told a man in a suit who was about to get the table I was stalking " I am sorry, but I have been waiting and everyone has gone before me. There is another table right over there opening up." Then I asked the people who were leaving (rich bitches) if I could put my stuff down. They looked at me and said "after we are through" and then they went over to the counter to order fancy cookies. In the meantime, I am juggling everything and drop my fancy cookie. It was the closest I have ever been to crying during my stay at home mom journey. At this point, the man in the suit felt sorry for me and got Annabelle another cookie. I set my stuff down at the table and the bitches gave me dirty looks as they gathered up their Prada bags. I apologized and they glared. We ate lunch and I took Annabelle to the bathroom where she refused to pee.

4. We went to the baby gap to get a birthday present. The baby gap is where things usually fall apart for me and Annabelle. It is something about the clothes racks that gets her going. In this case, it got her bowels going, and she pooped in her pants. Pants, not diapers, because we are done with diapers. We are not potty trained, we are just done with diapers.

5. I changed her and we were heading home when she reminded me that the cowboys were in town and that we were going to "find those cowboys mama." So we headed to memorial park. We drove around it three times before we parked and walked half a mile to where they were riding in. We did this without the lawn chairs, wagon, blanket, diaper bag, change of clothes, snack traps and juice that everyone else had. And she was in some ugly pants that have been at the bottom of the diaper bag that are now more like clam diggers. We sat on the grass and waved at all of the trail riders. We said yee-hah and giddyup.

And we had a grand time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment