Monday, February 22, 2010

Everybody poops

Everybody poops. Just not in the potty. My mom has been getting on me about potty training Annabelle. Let the record reflect--she has been getting on me about it since Annabelle was about 14 months old. Apparently that's when I was potty trained. More like she was trained to take me to the potty every two hours. Annabelle comes and goes on this issue. Some days she says "mommy change the biaper" (that's how she says diaper) And some days she wants to wear Elmo panties. Hyphen noted it is like she is trying to decide if she is a big girl or a baby. She can hold it, but when she goes, she just goes, she doesn't tell me anything until after she pees and then she says "Mommy! Pee Pee!"

One of my New Year's resolutions was to potty train Annabelle, before she turned two. She'll be two tomorrow, and I guess it is possible she will figure it out tonight while sleeping, but not likely.

My mom, however; figured out why she isn't trained. She is the most stressed out that Annabelle isn't trained. She came up for Annabelle's party this weekend. There were about 11 kids there and some were potty trained, but most of the two year olds were not. My mom told my sister "I know why Annabelle isn't potty trained, none of her friends are. They are all walking and talking and doing Calculus, but they are all shitting in her pants."

Like I said, everyone poops, just not in the potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment