Thursday, October 28, 2010

nesting, resting and pestering

Hyphen took the week off. He cautioned me before hand that he didn't want me to ruin his week by having a baby. My reply, as it is to everyone who asks me to have or refrain from having the baby on a certain day: "I will do my best to oblige all requests."

Now, I thought he would spend the week watching the food network and the cooking channel and maybe we would go to Galveston or some state park and he would make a really elaborate sandwich for the excursion. But no, this is what he did instead:

1. power washed the deck, front porch and driveway
2. blew leaves in the yard
3. fertilized the yard
4. scraped and repainted our door jamb
5. repainted the railing on the front porch
6. repainted the railing on the back deck
7. fixed the ceiling fan
8. cleaned out the trap in the bathroom sink
9. Painted thrift store changing table, transforming it from 70's brown into vintage white

and that was all by Tuesday. I told my mom about this flurry of activity and she told me that this must mean the baby was coming soon and he was nesting. Today, he announced he was going to spend the day in bed and watch tv, and even though I think he is disgusting for doing that and even more disgusting for not having showered since Tuesday night-- I am cool with that--he's on vacation.

Now, during most of his activity, I was sitting down, relaxing, entertaining Annabelle and reading one of my Outlander books. I felt guilty, but I was really tired and I just didn't feel like helping. My mom said this meant the baby was coming soon, and my body was storing up some energy reserves.

On the dog front, the dog follows me where ever I go, even in rooms where she is normally too scared to venture. When I sit on the couch she paces back and forth in front of the couch rubbing her back against my shins. She licks my stomach whenever it is exposed, which, since I refuse to buy larger maternity shirts, is quite a lot. And the other day she licked my boobs (I was clothed at the time).

My mom says my dog is "stoopeed" and my house would be much cleaner if I got rid of her.

I think she is three for three this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment