Wednesday, December 15, 2010

growing pains

It is textbook behavior when a new baby is in the house. The neediness, always wanting my attention, constantly being underfoot--at times I literally trip on her. And it was no surprise, I expected the neediness. I know she loves the baby, that much is obvious, she is always by the bassinet while the baby is sleeping and loving on the baby in her own way, which is not always the most gentle, whenever Tallulah is awake.

But I did not expect a regression in her behavior, doing things that I thought we had grown out of long ago. That has been very frustrating--at times she has been down right destructive--and that causes me to lose my temper, and I yell and it upsets her, which causes more attention-seeking behavior.

I should have dropped her off at the pound years ago and then I wouldn't be dealing with this crap.

2 comments:

  1. Okay - wait. I totally thought that you were talking about Annabelle and that you were having a huge nervous breakdown. I was about to call CPS on you! The average reader will not know this is about your stupid dog.

    geeze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the whole thing, literally - I laughed a lot and cried a little because it made me miss you. I'm happy for you in this grand adventure.

    ReplyDelete