Friday, October 7, 2011

little boobies, saggy boobs and a catholic fish fry

The day started with us wathcing the today show. Some voluptuous woman was being interviewed by Matt Lauer, and H said "where are Matt's eyes right now?" "Where are your
eyes right now?" I asked. To which H replied "you know where my eyes are." Sigh.

Then the girls and I went to the zoo and I wore this cute jersey sundress with a ruffle down the front. It is perfect, except that the ruffle drags it down a little in the boob area and so I have to wear a sweater over it, for modesty's sake--I mean, I don't want everyone seeing those things, just one person, and preferably in the dark while wearing a supportive foundation garment. After the zoo, we came home and made an apple pie for the fish fry at my church tonight. H came home and made individual fruit cups for the soccer game tomorrow --we are in charge of refreshments and goldfish crackers were not an option for the Nguyen family. Baby Tallulah was napping and Annabelle and I went outside to water the trees and play. Play evolved into "tickle me!" and I finally succeeded in tickling her so hard that she peed in her pants. Score! So we went inside and I had to get her changed for the fish fry. I convinced her to wear this pink dress that grandma got her. After a while I noticed that it sunk a little low, revealing her chi-chis. So I was trying to figure out how to fix this and H remarked "don't' worry about it, she's three, no one will care." My reply was something like this: "we are going to a fish fry at the church and I don't want her boobies to show, and btw-are you really going to wear that Buccees t-shirt?"

Then I changed my sweater, which in the course of the zoo trip and yard play had gotten a little dirty and put on a long sleeve cheetah print cardigan, and we headed out the door to eat some men's club cat fish.

We arrived at the parish hall, settled in with our plates of catfish, hushpuppies coleslaw and curly fries. I had Tallulah in my lap and she immediately latched on to a hush puppy, which took her about thirty minutes to eat. After a few minutes Annabelle wanted to sit in my lap too, which is pretty standard at our house--everyone wants mama at dinner time--you would think I would be thinner from always attending to other people's culinary/emotional needs, but somehow it doesn't work out that way.

Everyone finished eating. Annabelle and her friend went out to play with her friends dad. H went over to talk to someone and it was just me, Miss S________ (Annabelle's friend's mom) and baby Tallulah and baby Tallulah's sippy cup which she kept dropping. She dropped it again and a man who was sharing our table picked it up for us. I said "thank you" and he said "your welcome" and then I noticed where his eyes were.

You see, when you hold a squirming child they pull on stuff, and my sweater had somehow come out of place and my dress was pulled down and my entire left boob (encased in a bra) was completely exposed--for God knows how long--at the same Catholic fish fry at which I didn't want Annabelle's little flat chest showing.

Miss S_________ said not to worry, I probably made someone's day. Either that or made them toss their hushpuppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment