Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Big Martha and Martha

Today I called my mom.

Me: I find myself thrust on the horns of an organizational dilemma. I have an address book that I love because it is like a little notebook and you can put pages in and out. But it is 10 years old and doesn't have a place for email or cell numbers. And so I went to Barnes and Noble and got another one, and it is great. It has home phone, cell and work and email and birthdays and other notes, but its tabs are AB CD, etc and you can't add pages, so am I supposed to mix up all the As and Bs? Because that will never work. The old one also has AB, CD, but I can put all the As on one pages and the Bs on the other, so I am not sure what to do. Should I keep the old one, although it is clearly outdated or move to the new one?

Silence for a few seconds

Mom: Who gives a shit? (when my mom says shit it sounds like she-it) Seriously, I am hurting all over because I changed the shower curtain and even though I always forget some (I assumed she meant the rings when she said some) , I said I wasn't going to but I did and had to go back and do it over again. And now I am aching all over listening to you tell me the stupidest thing and I am thinking-- "who gives a shit." Like your father says, "Who gives a flying f@#$?"

Yet another reason why there will never be a Stella Stevens omnimedia.

P.s. I realize I seem a tad hyphen-ish, but the difference is, I keep it to myself (for the most part). I can still watch the tv if the laundry room door is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment