Saturday, March 10, 2012

and when he plays boogie woogie bugle he was busy as a buzzz bee

That is a line from an Andrew's sisters song. I know lots of lines from Andrews sisters songs. We listen to them, again and again and again, my personal favorite being "in apple blossom time."

See, a few months ago, Annabelle asked me if I would catch a grenade for her. And that's when I thought, "hmmm, maybe the pop music needs to stop." You see, I have this theory that over exposure to popular culture is what makes kids go crazy and become slutty. Some people may think I am crazy for thinking this, and that I can't protect my kids from everything and they may be right, but while you are making that argument I am learning that bei mir bist du shoen means you're grand.

So I went upstairs, to the back of the attic, dug out the box of cds we never listen too and took out Glenn Miller, the Mills Brothers, the Andrews Sisters and Rosemary Clooney. I loaded up the car cd player and now I've gotta a gal that loves me so, glow little glow worm glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment