Monday, April 2, 2012

communist jungle chickens

I learned this weekend that the communists of north vietnam took all the best chickens from villages into the jungle to feed their soldiers. And being a wiley sort, they trained them in such a way where the male chicken took care of the chicks instead of the hens, which, I suppose, were reading the poultry version of the communist manifesto. They also made special bamboo cages and wiped their underarms with chicken to make them smell like chicken which would endear themselves to the chicken. At this point I was reassured my leg wasn't being pulled, but am not completely satisfied of such assurance.

I learned this from my father-in-law while he and H were reconstructing the coop, (first such endeavor for him, third for h) Annabelle and my mother in law were eating popsicles, and mosquitoes were eating Tallulah.

While I remain unsure of the communist jungle chickens, I am sure of one thing--the man can build a chicken coop. It is now sturdy enough to withstand monsoon force winds, and hopefully they will come back soon so he can finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment