Wednesday, April 25, 2012

oh crap, I've been outnumbered.

This just happened. I was sorting some laundry and Tallulah brought me one of the last Easter cookies. It was a big chick wrapped in a cellophane package.

"My?" she asked, which is Tallulah speak for "is this mine, can I have this?" "No, you may not," I said, the standard reply to 75 percent of cookie requests.

Then I went back to the laundry room, which has a view of the family room. And I saw the following:

Tallulah walked into the room, where Annabelle was watching Max and Ruby. She silently showed Annabelle the cookie. Annabelle silently grabbed it and ran to her room and Tallulah silently toddled after her. Annabelle silently re-emerged with her scissors in one hand and half a cookie in the other. Tallulah silently followed eating the other half of the cookie.

I silently shook my head and thought "oh crap, I've been outnumbered," and marveled at the steep 50 percent opening tax that Annabelle managed to silently collect.

Sometimes it is better for all parties involved to just move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment