Saturday, September 29, 2012

down and out and down and up

I tore my acl. Playing volleyball. Me. Volleyball. A sport I have not actively participated in since the 8th grade. It was for a tournament for Annabelle's school. Fellowship, fun, volleyball, torn acl. All those good things rolled into one. We showed up in the morning and with H and I our team had seven people. The other team had uniforms and cheerleaders. When I went down, H had to sub in, so we would have enough people. Unbelievably, we won the game--and then ended up winning the entire tournament so that is a silver lining.

I knew it was something bad when I went down, because I couldn't stand. But on Monday, when I saw the doctor, he said it didn't seem like I tore anyhting, just that my kneecap came out of place. But on Friday, we got the mri results back. Torn acl and we have to go back on monday to see what lies ahead, which the nurse hinted was surgery.

So now, my mom is here. Helping out, but mostly we are just bickering. Tallulah says "knee hurt mama?" whenever she sees my brace. Annabelle says she hope my knee gets better tomorrow and H says that you can't expect two toothpicks to hold up a cinder block. One day I am going to hurl that cinder block at his head.

Camping trip, seaworld, hot air balloon fest, round top, all that fun stuff I wanted to do in October is out.

But, as my dear friend R_________ pointed out, it can be fixed and there are much worse things, and God is in control.

So down and out. A little down. But getting higher. No where to go but up.

No comments:

Post a Comment