Tuesday, November 13, 2012

two is...


No more baby.  A real, live, two year old girl.  It was a nice party.  Both sets of grandparents came and I feel today like my children are the most loved, luckiest girls on earth.  In my entire life I never had both sets of grandparents in the same place, and in H's entire childhood, he never had grandparents.  So we are blessed.

But onto less sappy stuff....

We had a puppy-themed party for Tallulah.  So I searched pinterest for some puppy ideas and found some, along with a seriously deranged woman.  I would post the pics of her puppy party, but she's crazy, see?  And I am scared she will hunt me down and  hot glue my hands together.  She had this crazy party complete with real pound puppies, fake pound puppies, making dog house crafts, sewn banners everywhere, crazy food in the shape of bones and then to top it off, the kids ate off the floor in dog bowls "doggie style."  So what does one do when one sees something that is out of the social norm?  One calls one's sister of course, what else would one do?  She was checking out the woman's blog, and her comments were as follows:  "I hate this bitch.  She clearly does not know what doggie style is."  And that is why I love my sister, although she is crazy too.

In getting ready for this doggie style party, I went to central market to get a cake.  I was wearing my new t-shirt from the gap.  I got out of the van and stood in the parking spot for a minute, letting my knee settle, when a lady walked by and said "you have a big heart on."  

Except, that's not what I heard.  I heard something else.  And I was puzzled.  I was trying to figure out why a stranger would say that to me, and so I did what one does when one hears that one has a big heart on (except that is not what I heard).  I glanced down at my crotch.  Yeah, I said crotch.  And then she said, "you thought I said something else."  And then we both burst into a fit of hysterical laughter and I am still cracking up about it.  I am going to file that under awesomeness.

don't touch "my cupcake, my"
In case you are wondering, two is two sisters making a wish....

No comments:

Post a Comment