Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Little things

1.Mid fall's night dream

Late yesterday afternoon the girls were playing outside right before supper and I was resting my leg.  Annabelle was taking the creeping fig off the fence and then she fashioned them into the crown.  The crown has been all over the house today--ending up as a necklace on my grandmother's goose, which I think makes her smile from heaven.
blurry because I hate flash photos

2. almost two year old OCD

When Tallulah goes to sleep, things need to be a certain way, and that way evolved when my mom was here.  I couldn't go up the stairs until recently, but as soon as I was able, I did and here is how things stand-- she tells you how things need to be in her crib, and if they aren't that way, she fusses the way her dad does when he comes home and there are crumbs under the table, like last night, for instance:

TRN: barbie go heeerrree, baby go heeere, baby go heeere.  No mama, baby go heeeerrre.  Teddy go here.

Me: I love you, good night

TRN: No!  blanket fall down (this is what she says when things aren't where she wants them--that they fell down)

I get everything where it needs to be and then I hear here saying softly to herself the things my mom would say to her when she put her to sleep-- "quack quack go sleep, papa, go sleep, ann-bell go sleep, bell go sleep."

Someone misses her grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment