Monday, December 15, 2014

Master of the house

H has these really annoying sleeping habits that have been on my nerves since we were first married. He likes to fall asleep watching television, then after he's had his initial slumber, he likes to get up and come to bed for real. Usually this is at 1. Sometimes, sooner. Sometimes, later.

Tonight, we were all watching our only show, the voice, which you shouldn't let your kids watch, but most of it goes over their heads, so no big d. The dog was with us, as is her way. I guess she got tired of Tallulah laying on her, so she went to our room, where her bed is. This sent Tallulah into a full on sobbing jag, so we ordered the dog out. She obliged, but with a kind of teenager-ish look," like seriously? I was in bed." Tallulah set about trying to make her comfortable, coaxing her with blankets, and stroking her ears, but because our dog is winning combination of ungrateful and stupid, she doesn't realize that Tallulah's love is keeping her on this planet, so she eventually got up and went back to her bed. Which may be why on Tallulah's revised Christmas list there is " a dog, of my own, who I can train, by myself." (Thankfully the revised edition came out after the note went to Santa.)

The kids went to bed, and after I came out of their room, I see the dog, back out in the living room next to hyphen, both of them watching tv. Well, one of them. The other was scratching his balls.

I go upstairs. I am trying to clean out the playroom in preparation for next week's toy onslaught.

I come back downstairs and as I do h heads to bed. Darned if the the darn dog didn't follow him.

I start to think about her movements. She is always up and down all night. Moving from one room to the next. I think about how annoying her sleep habits have always been, how they have been on my nerves since we first got her...

Am I the stupid one? How could I not have realized? She is following him? She is loyal to him? Not to the one who feeds her (me) and not to the one who loves her (t).

Loyalty to the man who holds her in no regard. That is one dumb---, well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment