Friday, June 12, 2009

my mom and technology part I

My mom and I talk to each other several times a day. Most of our conversations go like the ones we had today:

First call at 8:30 a.m

Mom: "I figured out what twitter was."

Me: "Oh really, how?"

Mom: "I read it on Time. Anyway, it is like your blog. People follow it. And if they don't follow it, then you are talking to yourself. It is stupid. "I had a bowl of cereal." Who cares? "I took a dump, does anyone out there know about dumps?" These people are stupid. Get a life."

Second call at 3:30 p.m.

Mom: (really excited) "Oooh, guess what? I bought a purse at TJ Maxx and do you know what it has?

Me: "no, what?"

Mom: "a pocket for your cell."

Me: (laughing) "mom, all purses have a pocket for your cell."

Mom: "not just where you throw it in there silly, a real pocket, just for your cell."

Me: "I know."

Mom: (indignantly) "well my purses never had one."

No comments:

Post a Comment