Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Strange child

Today Annabelle played with the following things;

1. bubbles which she spilled all over herself (standard)
2. The "sandbox" -- aka "pile of dirt," my idiot dog has created by digging where one of my roses is. I wanted to put some dog poop and cayenne there to cure her from digging, but it is one of Annabelle's favorite places to play, so that may not be such a good idea.

She got completely muddy from head to toe (also standard) so we stripped in the laundry room and went inside where the fun continued.

3. I have some magnets on my fridge that were my grandma's. When I was a kid and it was too hot to play outside I would arrange them on her fridge in different patterns and they were the only thing I asked for when she died. Annabelle took one and put it in a small igloo cooler I keep in the kitchen. Then she took it out. Then she put it in, and out and in and out and in and out. Then she moved the cooler and then in/out/in/out/in/out about 100 more times. Then I got bored and walked to the living room to talk to Hyphen, who is not exactly a cure for boredom but will do in a pinch. Then she pushed the cooler to the room with us and continued her fascinating game.

4. We went to the kitchen to cook dinner and she found a can of ham and lost interest in the magnet. Don't ask why I had a can of ham on the kitchen floor, because it is a semi-long boring story that involves hurricanes, slightly paranoid people and a bird flu/nuclear winter food stash that the paranoid people convinced me I needed.

So no toys for Christmas, okay? Just some canned meats, dirt, bubbles and magnets. You can get most of that from the Dollar General and for the dirt, you can borrow my dog. She'll find a nice soft spot in your yard, preferably where you just planted something.

No comments:

Post a Comment