Monday, October 5, 2009

hi hooooooooooooooo silver, a-way!

So I have a cold. I feel like an alien has sucked all the nutrients out of my body. And when mama is sick, well, to be blunt, nobody really gives a shit. Well, that's not exactly true, Annabelle just doesn't get it, but she does say "Bless you," so that's nice. Needless to say, there was no baptist song camp, no story time--I didn't even make the bed. I just sat on the couch and read the same story to her about a 100 times, and I was happy to do it, because it meant I was sitting still. By dinner I was feeling a little better and I cleaned the kitchen while Hyphen mowed the lawn (on a side note, Hyphen has been mowing the lawn twice a week, which is a marked improvement from twice a year and thus far, no trips to the emergency room). I bathed Annabelle while he got cleaned up. After bath time, Annabelle frequently goes to find her dad in her birthday suit. Then he yells, "Naked baby!" and they laugh. Tonight was no exception and there was the added bonus of what was playing on the ipod, my favorite country song of all time: Elvira.

So there they were, an asian, a naked baby and my idiot turned country-ass dog, all dancing to Elvira. Sometimes, no matter how bad you feel, you got to join in and giddy up a-um-ba-pa-um-ba-pa-mow-mow.

No comments:

Post a Comment