Wednesday, October 28, 2009

moo cow







Quick visit to granny and ba-pa's. Annabelle and I got there on Sunday and left today (Wednesday). Annabelle loves cows, they are second only to fish in her love of animals and "moo" was one of first words and so on Sunday, we decided to take her to their neighbor's pasture to look at cows. While there, we did the following things that we really bad:

1. We rode in a pickup without a carseat

2. We rode in the bed of said pickup

3. Annabelle sat in my dad's lap, while he was driving, and messed with every knob she could get her hands on.

4. We stared death in the eyes and lived, and when I say death, I mean a pregnant cow that got a little too close to the truck.

Items 1-3 are usually illegal, except that I think if you look deep in a code book somewhere you will find the affirmative defense called "we were on a dirt road so it don't count."

My dad has a special gift for calling cows and can moo in a really realistic manner and get them all stirred up and then they moo back and head over to where we are. I guess it comes from growing up on a farm. And although Annabelle has spent her infancy in Houston, which is the exact opposite of a farm, she appears ready to pick up on ba-pa's talent yelling moo at those cows, and being delighted when the moo-ed back.



No comments:

Post a Comment