Thursday, October 8, 2009

my kind of neighbors

Tuesday was Texas night out, moved form August to combat the heat--ha! We had an off the grid party at our house, off the grid, because it wasn't one of the official neighborhood ones. We invited some neighbors and had Kobe beef hot dogs, chips, cokes and beer. The party was rolling along, and I went to the garage to get some more lawn chairs. I came back and saw the po-po parked in front of our house, with lights flashing. I thought "oh crap, are we making a noise disturbance?" Then I realized it was National Night Out and they were probably just chauffeuring some local politico around and handing out McGruff T-shirts, which they were.

They left and then my feisty old lady neighbor and her husband came ambling up the driveway. She owns a flower shop, has a beehive hairdo and wears horn-rimmed glasses with rhinestones bedazzled onto them. She walked up with a barbie for Annabelle in one hand and a Miller Light in the other.

Fiesty: "we were coming earlier but I saw the cops and I thought I'd wait 'till they left."

Me: "Why? Because of your open warrant?"

Fiesty:"How'd you know about that?"

We shot the bull 'til way after dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment