Friday, April 15, 2011

my day

What started it all was the day before, when Annabelle coughed all day long which caused me to make a doctor's appointment for 10:20 this morning. She also broke her new jelly shoe, which needed to be returned at the gap near the doctor's office

7:00a.m. H tells me we need toilet paper and dog food and I decide that if I leave by 9:00, I can go to Target and get said sundries and still make it to the doctor in time.

8:30 H calls and says he forgot his phone and I say no problem, I'll drop it off on my way to the doctor. Still have plenty of time
if I leave by 9:00.

9:05 we leave the house.

9:15we arrive at Target and get a front row joe parking spot. Everything is going according to plan.

? during the 9 hour we get in a check out line. There is a guy checking out, a guy in front of me with big items and then me. They open a line next to me and there is only one lady in it so I head for that line. Turns out the lady had a million small things in her cart. Like stickers and party favors and they were all slightly different and needed to be scanned indivually. Then they had to change cashiers and I got the slow check out lady.


10:00we leave target and I drop things on the way out of the store, break open the toilet paper by accident and have to pick up the rolls that have fallen out by my front row joe car. Then I drive off with my trunk open, like wide open. Then I get behind two 18 wheelers that are making wide right turns. Annabelle asks me if I am having a hard time and offers to kiss me. However, theoretically we can still get to the doctor on time

10:15Annabelle starts to scream that she is thirsty, I am minutes away from the restaurant. Quick phone call to H who meets us outside with a milk and I give him his phone.

10:25we arrive at the doctor

10:35 we are in the exam room

11:45the doctor graces us with her presence (she is actually awesome, but still...)

11:50I leave with a screaming hungry baby in tow. I make it to the car and nurse, not caring who sees what.

12:00 find a parking spot near the gap. Browse and find some colorful boxers for H. We get to the front of the line and Annabelle announces she needs to go to the bathroom really, really bad.

12:20in line again and Tallulah loses it because she is tired. A kind soul lets us go first. Lord, bless that lady.

12:30 in line at Jason's deli. Tallulah falls asleep, Annabelle and I enjoy lunch and leave.

1:15As we leave tallulah wakes up, sounds hungry and I decide to feed her at Starbucks. A lady calls me regarding music lesson and talks my ear off. A stranger with a black bushy beard (starbucks worker) gives Annabelle a cakeball lollipop. I let Annabelle eat it. The lady is still talking to me. Tallulah poops. Annabelle announces that she needs to go to the bathroom. I change the baby on the floor using the gap bag as a changing mat. Annabelle has a huge poop.

2:00we return the sandals at the gap and browse

2:30 we leave. H calls from home wondering where we are.

2:35I figure that in for a penny, in for a pound and go and finish my easter shopping.

3:30I arrive home with 2 sleeping children

4:45 I drop Annabelle off at her friends house down the street for movie night. We talk for a bit. I carefully back out of her driveway, because 43rd is a busy street and she lives on a curve. I think about how tricky it is and wait until there are no more cars coming from either direction. So does her across the street neighbor.

5:30We finish talking to the constable, the insurance people and filling out the accident report.

5:45get mustache waxed, which is why I drove rather than walked down the street in the first place.

6:30dinner for Tallulah and H and I, clean up, bath tallulah, nurse tallulah,put tallulah to bed

waiting on Annabelle to come home.....or the other shoe to drop, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment