Monday, April 4, 2011

the privileges of being a grown up, according to Annabelle Leigh Nguyen

for every ridiculous conversartion I have with my sopouse there is an equally sweet one I have with my daughter, to wit:

ALN: next week, I am going to be 4

Me: well, next year, but yes.

ALN: and then pretty soon, I am going to be a TEENAGER!!!!!

Me: yes, that is also true.

ALN: and then I am going to be a GROWNUP!!!!!

Me: yes.

ALN: and when I am a grownup, I can watch the news with you!!!!! And then I can go to be with you in your bed!!!!! But--I will bring my own pillows, so I can be comfortable.

Me: as long as we have that straight, that's fine by me. what boy are you going to marry??

ALN: no boy. I am going to stay with you and papa.

Me: sounds good to me.

Sounds really good to me.

1 comment: