Sunday, October 21, 2012

you know the old lady who sits in the corner of the nursing home?

Not the one who stays sullenly in her room, biding her time until she can the shower head on her "wardens", but the one who sits in the corner, filthy, waiting for them to notice her and give her a bath?  That's me, right now.  I can't move my leg, I can't go to the bathroom by myself, and there are all these kids and old ladies and demanding asians in this house and their needs get met first.  So I didn't get to go to the bathroom this morning until 9 and when I mentioned a shower my mom told me maybe tomorrow.  She also refused to scratch my head because "by now there are people living in it."

But that's ok.  This is just temporary for me.  She is the one who is turning 70 in a few short days.  It's just around the corner for her.

Not that she would sit in any corner and wait for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment