Friday, December 21, 2012

Organizing ties

We had a cuddly night tonight.  The girls made a spot in front of the tree with blankets and we all sat down and ate peppermint patty brownies.  Then all the people in my family who have two functioning acl's danced to crazy Christmas songs and I cracked up at H's dancing--his special patented side kick dance move.  Some of the dancers had just taken a bath and were butt-ass naked.  Then to calm everyone down, I put on Mahalia Jackson and headed upstairs to put Tallulah to sleep.

I came back downstairs to find Annabelle and her father listening to Christmas carols and organizing his bow ties.

Once, when I was in court, an attorney walked in wearing a bow tie and someone, I think it was Harvard, commented," it takes a special sort to wear a bow tie."

Special.  Very special.  Especially special for someone to have so many.

Annabelle had them organized in piles:  "Polka dots, flowers, stripes, mermaids ,animals, squares, art, missing half--because it is not as long as the other ones, and beautiful.

Yes, you read correctly.  There is a mermaid pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment