Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February is the month when all good things happen

I love february.  It is pink, it is fun, it is cozy, it is when people become sisters, it is valentines, it is when we celebrate great men, it is when my baby was born, it is a warm house that smells like pot roast, it is the end of winter, the start of spring.  It is also when some people get married.

One of the things I always loved about my friend Barry is how real her parents love story is to her.  How she cherishes it.  The way she believes they were soul mates.   It feels like I am right there when it is happening, and I love love stories, so I eat it up, I hang on every word.

And now it is her turn.

Barry got married today.  And while some brides fall in love with the ceremony, the pomp, the etiquette, the dress, the registry--I'll spare you further vulgarities--not my friend.

She is in love with the pronouncement--and all the joy and beauty it contains.

No comments:

Post a Comment