Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hiding places and cruel booby traps

Tonight I heard some unorthodox crunching and munching and saw that the dog was eating a Halloween size pack of Reeses pieces, wrapper included, of course.... I had found this extra bag of candy the other day and I needed a piece thought they might be a good source for Annabelle's Friday lunch treat. (the only day I put dessert in her lunch). But somehow naughty children discovered it and were sneaking candy here and there. I really have no problem with a certain amount of naughtiness in fact, i think it is healthy. But, when I heard the dog munching on another piece and scolded the girls, I noticed that they seemed unconcerned with their candies' disappearance. They were far too interested in watching a nature show with their dad and this could only mean one thing-- there was a stockpile of which I was unaware. When the dog ate another candy plus wrapper I made them 'fess up. It was in the bookshelf. So I promptly disposed of it and when Annabelle went to get another piece and I told her I threw it all way, the look on her face told me there was another cache in the house. I said as much and all three of them burst out laughing. H said he was sworn to secrecy and had known about the stash for several days. They ate a few more pieces and I went to the pantry. To the source of the naughtiness. I hid the candy up high, I mean she might still need some for her lunch, and then I filled the bag with dried cranberries.

Take that you little shits....

No comments:

Post a Comment