Monday, August 10, 2009

seriously, I cannot live with two of these people

Annabelle has developed an annoying habit. She is starting to clean things obsessively. The other night she was in the bathtub and there was some grime on the tub. Grime. Okay, I've put it out there, I have a grimey tub. Deal with it. The grime wasn't horrible, you couldn't scratch your name in it, but it was there. Annabelle got the washcloth and started to scrub it. She enjoys scrubbing the floors too (note: any mess on the floors is caused by Annabelle, so she should be cleaning it up, but seriously, I cannot live with two of these people). She has also learned to say mess, and she walks around from time to time saying "mess, mess" especially where there is one to clean up. Don't get me wrong, it's helpful and I am happy, but there can only be one hyphen in my life, that is all I can tolerate without substance abuse.

I am not a messy person. If I were married to Joe-Blow Ball Scratcher, he would think my housekeeping skills were amazing and would suggest I write a housekeeping blog. But I am not married to Joe. I am married to Hyphen. I bore his child. And now I am reaping what he sowed.

My friend said to be happy, because the only habits her son has picked up from her husband are burping and farting. Unfortunately, we are covered in this department as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment