Wednesday, September 9, 2009

at least she is good for something....

So, as some of you may know, my idiot dog has been barking every morning at 5 for about 6 months now. And as an added bonus, she added 3, and occasionally for the trifecta she'll throw in 1 too. This has put me in a terrible mood in the morning. Someone put it like this "it's like you have a newborn baby again." Not cool. Every morning for the past 6 months I wake up and beg Hyphen to give her away.

So I got a suggestion to buy her a bark collar. The person pointed out that it was a better solution than giving her away. Well, that's debatable, but okay. We got one. I put it on her neck. I told my mom about it and got my ass reamed for being inhumane. This from the woman who suggested dropping her off on I-10. As I washed dishes, she sat in the kitchen staring at me, with those caramel eyes. Needless to say, I pussed out. Took it off. My reward for human kindness? Like old faithful, at 5a.m. she was barking. But now I had no room to complain. I got up and let her out.

Then I found out about the dog park on TC Jester. We took her to it on Monday night. Met another wonderful lady who also owned a yellow lab. Of course, Bella was more interested in sitting by my feet. Correction: she was interested in my feet because they were near Annabelle. When Hyphen took Annabelle to the adjacent park for small dogs, Bella followed her and nearly had a heart attack when she went inside. She also ran around in a pack for a little bit. Which was inspiring to Annabelle, who wanted to get out of our laps and explore. Now, this was a problem because those dogs don't exactly look out for toddlers when exhibiting pack behavior. We tried to hold her and distract her with the water fountain, but she wanted to go crazy, and got loose.

Not to worry. Her trusty companion, her nursemaid, was on it. Like stink on sh*! as my dad would say. Always between Annabelle and any other dogs, keeping her safely corralled by the park benches. Earning her rent, which is good because she is on a month to month lease right now.

We got home, she plopped down on the living room carpet and slept until 7.a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment