Monday, September 28, 2009

can anyone tell me what channel the Closer and NCIS are on, in other words, my mom is here

So I am taking the family law boot camp tomorrow and some other seminar about child abuse on Wednesday. And my mom came to help out with Annabelle. My mom drove here by herself, which she has only done one other time. Usually she comes with my dad and complains the entire time about what a bad driver he is. Today, she called from the car and told me she could only stop at rest stops and not at restaurants because while she was on the road, she noticed that the seam on her pants was coming loose and that her butt was dangerously close to being exposed. She didn't feel she was decent enough to get out of the car. When she got here, I assessed the situation and didn't think it was that bad, I mean, she could have gone to the Whataburger in Columbus, but I've been known to leave the house with a stain or two--my mom, not so much.

While she was bemoaning the fact that she would have to return her pants and wondering if she should wash them first, she told me the following:

Mom: "you know that is the second thing that had a hole. I had a hole on my chones (underwear) too the other day. So I had to take them back to SOMA. And I also took another pair that was a year old. Well actually they were two years old but I told them a year.

Generally, when I when I used to do trials, I wouldn't listen to what the defendants were saying, until I heard one little interesting nugget, and all of a sudden my ears would perk up:

Me:"Wait, what? you returned underwear that was a year old?"

Mom: "Two. Well, it was unraveling, the same as in the new one. I told the lady, I wasn't going to drive all the way here for one pair. But when the second one happened, I returned them. And it shouldn't have unraveled after just one year."

Me: " So you wore it for a year, and then it unraveled and then you kept wearing it but decided to return it?"

Mom: "I've had these underwear (gestures to what she has on) from Victoria Secret for 7 years. I love these underwear, because they hold my tummy in and they are pretty and, look, no holes. This is how long they should last. Anyway, the lady returned one and but she could only give me $1.99 for the other one, because it was old and she said I got it on clearance. How did she know that? She scanned it, I guess. So I got some new ones, and they were 12.00, but minus 1.99, so just ten dollars. And then the free ones, so I just spent ten dollars...."

Me: "you returned clearance underwear that you had for two years"

Mom: "So???? They were unraveling. I could have fixed it, but why--I shouldn't have to do that."

Should be an interesting week.

1 comment:

  1. That is so gross. If I were that sales lady i would have told mom that i would not take the underware in question back due to the fact that they a. have been worn, b. are two years old, and c. who knows what wear and tear those things have been through. I think she just gave mom 2 dollars to get rid of her.

    Aud

    ReplyDelete