Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the kind of hot it is

it is hotter than a fresh f@#$%ed fox in a forest fire--duane corley

It is hot.

It is causing me to go crazy--I am trapped in the house with a three year old, because it is so hot.

The three year old has not worn pajamas in weeks, and only wears clothes when in polite society because it is hot.

The thermometer in my car broke, because it is so hot.

After 6 generations of continuous texas living, this texas girl is dreaming of montana, because it is so hot.

I want to go outside. I need to go outside, my children need to let off steam, but after a few minutes we head back in because it is so hot.

So we go runs errands to get out of the house, but the car only cools down after thirty minutes of air on full blast, because it is so hot.

My husband and I take turns standing in front of the air vent in our room, because it is so hot.

Any polite conversation begins with a mandatory 5 minutes of complaining about the heat before moving on to other matters, because it is so hot.

My prim and proper sister wants to strip down naked for her commute home and shave her head, because it is so hot.

It is not normal, it is not fair, it is not right, it is miserably, terribly, dust bowl hot, freakish and horrible, depressing and interminable. It is that kind of hot.


It is hotter than a billy goat with two peckers--ibid

No comments:

Post a Comment