Wednesday, August 3, 2011

mama toad

Because he is super cool, H took the girls to the grocery store this weekend, so I could have some time to clean the house. It was the first time he ever had both girls all by himself. Okay, maybe he is not so super cool.

He was asking me how I manage with both girls, and I was telling him what I generally do (make annabelle walk and listen to her complain about walking). Then, I thought I would throw this one in:

Me: oh babe, here is another tip. when I put them back in the van, I leave the van door open until I am safely in the seat with the van turned on and my seatbelt on, because what if I trip and fall and bump my head and pass out or what if a serial killer slits my throat, and then my daughters are cooked alive in the broiling hot car?

Then H gave me a look. The look said "you are a complete whack job and I am seriously worried about the amount of time you spend with my children. however, you are cheaper than a nanny, so I must keep you"

But I didn't care. I am like the mama toad who lays her eggs in a sandbox that is always left open to collect rainwater and mosquito larvae, in a yard with a dog that barks at birds that come near the sand box. I'm just looking after my tadpoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment