Thursday, August 25, 2011

the new tv

Normally I would not post twice in one night, but this really warrants a mention.

Today, I decided to help prop up the economy by using my Colorado vacation money to buy a tv and tv stand. We have had our current TV for well over 10 years, so we thought it would be time and since Tallulah is a very sensitive sleeper and can only really sleep comfortably in her own crib, Hyphen nixed our Colorado trip because he didn't like it when I cursed under my breathe in the middle of the night when she woke up every single night while we were in Florida.

So the plan was, we'd clean up dinner, I would bathe baby T and put her to bed while H and his little helper put together the stand and set up the tv.

This is what happened.

Tallulah fell asleep. I came down and found the stand progressing. Annabelle had her tools and hard hat out and everything was great. I blogged while they worked and just when I was about to bathe Annabelle, Tallulah woke up crying. Did I mention she is a light sleeper? So I went upstairs to calm her. (I have tried to let her cry it out. She just cries and cries and cries and after 45 minutes I yell calf rope and go to her, so I don't let her cry it out anymore) She fell back alseep and then I put her down in the crib. Then she woke up. I picked her up again and she fell asleep. I went downstairs. She started to cry. I went back upstairs and calmed her down again. Phone rang and it was my doctor. I talked to her while the baby screamed. All the while Annabelle and H's progress has seemed to slow down. Back upstairs. Calm. Downstairs. Cry. I notice there are shredded bits of foam everywhere. The likely suspect is Annabelle. H looks cross. Upstairs. Calm baby then I hear a thud and a muffled groan. I come downstairs and H has a bloody lip. I bathe Annabelle in the hope that T will tire herself out and fall asleep. After her bath T is still screaming. Upstairs. Calm. Asleep. The minute I take my hand off of her, she sits up and cries. I get pissed and go downstairs. Then H has this to announce: "mama, Annabelle really likes this foam. And she said she wanted to crumble some more on the floor of her room. I told her not to. And she didn't. She did what I said. She crumbled it in her bed instead and she is "so, so sorry."" Now I stifle a laugh, not of amusement, but of insanity. Annabelle's bed looks like snow/ a greek salad with lots of feta. H goes upstairs to try his luck with the baby. I vacuum. Annabelle cries because she was going to save the foam for "crafts" and because she "really really likes it." H gets the baby to sleep by putting a pillow on her back. I come out to the living room after Annabelle falls asleep and H tells me the following:

"okay--I get it. It is not you that makes the house dirty. It is Annabelle."

Me: "duh. that is what I try to tell you and the destruction happens so quickly. It is tornadic."

But we are now watching the food network in HD. (Of course, Hyphen thinks the picture is a little fuzzy)

No comments:

Post a Comment