Saturday, June 9, 2012

I am currently poisoning my child's mind

Annabelle doesn't watch a lot of tv. She gets scared of stuff pretty easily, even of bugs bunny cartoons and stuff on pbs kids. Also because I think that tv is crap with ads. So she hasn't seen many movies. From time to time, we do a movie night and the rule is that the movie has to be something that everyone in the family, including H and I, want to watch.

But I am a restaurant widow again, as the new place is open, and children are really missing their dad. Tallulah is wandering around the house looking for H saying "papa,papa?" and Annabelle, who gets it, is being a super big girl and saying things like "that's okay Tallulah, he'll be home late. He is working at the new restaurant. He's busy. But he will come home soon"

And I am trying to distract the big girl from the fact that we haven't seen him in 3 weeks by keeping her busy and doing fun stuff, like going to sea world and making her go down a roller coaster. So I decided to rent one of those barbie movies she is always nagging me to get.

It is total trash with a message of "buy stuff. be a catty bitch to your friends. Have a personal shopper."

And I tempted to turn it off, but then there would be crying and not understanding why mommy is so crazy. This is not how we live, obviously, and so hopefully I won't turn her into a hannah-montana-loving 4 year old tween, but I feel like I have sullied something by exposing her to this garbage.

I want to go back. I want to rewind-- but I am scared I am fast forwarding....

No comments:

Post a Comment