Saturday, June 9, 2012

Speaking mom

....talking about how I let Annabelle watch crap tv and listening to how my mom tried to rearrange her living room, suggesting that she get rid of the piano and then total non seq (which by my estimation accounts for 75% of our conversations)....

Mom: "the pickers went and picked something for william shaffer's house. shaker's. well, you know the guy from star wars. not star wars, the show that I used to watch."

Me: yes, star trek. His name is william shatner. I understand your language--but what I don't understand is the pickers. Is this some kind of show?

Mom: yes, they pick stuff. And Kirk wanted a Pie safe and they found one and they decorated his house so cute and I thought, Stella can do this. The pickers is a show. It is on tv. Do you know the hoarders? They hoard stuff. It is a show called the hoarders. And we watch it sometimes when we are desperate. They are disgusting. And then I look at my house and I realize that it is not messy. What I am going to do when basketball is over? Then I will have nothing to watch because my ncis is all reruns.

No comments:

Post a Comment