Monday, June 18, 2012

I am glad that we watched Pollyanna

But Annabelle isn't. When we got to the end of the movie, when Pollyanna has had the accident and needs the surgery and all the townspeople come to her rich old Aunt's house to tell her how much she means to them, I started crying--I just couldn't help it--if you don't cry at the end of Pollyanna, well, you have no heart. Annabelle has never seen me cry before and she didn't like it. She was trying to hide my face with her hands.

Then she gets on a train to go to Baltimore for her operation and the movie ends. Annabelle realized that this was the ending and burst into tears because "I want to see after the operation--when she gets better." And she was really crying when H walked in the door from work. He listened patiently through her sobs as she explained why the movie was a "bad movie, a bad, bad, bad movie." and why the "tv needed a spanking."

His response? Very vulcan-like: "I understand your need for closure."

I am glad for him.

Glad, be glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment