Wednesday, August 22, 2012

call me stella, chicken wrangler

Today, henny penny decided to go and get herself lost. T and I were looking for her all over the yard and Tallulah kept saying "mama, quack quack hiding. are you quack quack?

I had almost given up hope when I decided to do what I do when I lose something. I called my mom and asked her to ask St. Anthony (san antonio, as we call him) to intercede on my behalf. I am not sure if God really cares about something as small as my chickens, especially when he is dealing with Israel and Iran, but soon enough, I hear some scratching.

Turns out, she likes to be under the deck. By now I am dripping in sweat and have dirt all over my jeans.

Because she has a bird brain, she couldn't quite understand that I was trying to get her to come out. And because she is a chicken, she was enjoying digging and scratching under the deck, and didn't seem to care.

Because I am who I am, I kept at it with seeds in my hand until she came out. I am slightly concerned that there is an egg under my deck.

After all of this, I have coined an new Texas colloquialism. I am sure you have heard "sweating like a whore in church." Now, here is mine "sweating like a yuppie chasing chickens."

No comments:

Post a Comment